Memories From Childhood


When I was growing up, my mother always did all of her sewing during the winter months. In the mountains of western North Carolina, the winters were long and harsh, with snow on the ground almost the whole winter through. It is not that way now. My parents, who still live there, barely get flurries or a skiff. But looking at blankets for my grand daughter coming in February got me to thinking of my mom sewing quilt squares, on the machine and by hand. Then, she and my grandmother hand-quilting them on frames they rolled up to the ceiling in the evenings. So, today's free files represent memories from childhood, when times were simple, and I stood by my mother's knee, watching her sew. That created a love of sewing in me that has grown into a 38+ year semi-professional hobby. Have fun with these, and happy crafting! 💌📍📕📚📝🕒⛄☃